Baby shampoo does not pinch eyes - parents and children know this, preferring not just a bright bottle, but the absence of tears in the first place. But is this the only difference between baby shampoo and an adult?
Of course, the main difference is not in the brightness of the packages, but in the composition. Why this composition is different, because it would seem that the problem is the same - clean hair and healthy scalp? The fact is that the structure of both the hair and the skin, including the scalp, is different in children and adults. Therefore, the means to care for them should be different.
What is children's hair and skin different from the adult version
Here you can list 3 fundamentally important points:
- Up to 7 years old, baby’s scalp produces significantly less fat.
- Baby skin and hair more tender
- Baby hair is thinner
It follows from this that children's shampoos:
- should not "fight" with oily hair (even in adult shampoos for dry hair, there are more active substances responsible for this item than in children’s)
- should not disturb the ph balance of the skin
- must be hypoallergenic, not containing too active substances (more on this let's talk below)
- should be safe if the shampoo gets inside (i.e., it does not harm the baby’s health, even if it doesn’t just swallow the foam, but also drinks the contents of a beautiful bottle)
All this certainly affects the composition of baby shampoo, but not all manufacturers treat the production process in good faith, so parents should strain their eyesight and read the composition of the shampoo upon purchase.
The composition of baby shampoo
Now a healthy lifestyle has come into vogue: proper nutrition, active sports and only natural cosmetics. Therefore, some kind of mad rush enjoy sulphate and paraben free shampoos.
But the devil is not so bad as he is painted. Sulfates are used as surfactants — these are surface-active substances, which are actually responsible for the removal of contaminants. Parabens are used as preservatives, while quite easily removed from the body. We do not say that they are absolutely harmless, yes, it is better to avoid them, and even more so in children's shampoos, but not only in them.
What should not be in baby shampoo
We list the components that can easily be contained in an adult shampoo. So, should not be:
- Artificial colors and flavors (any combination of the words "identical to natural")
- Active Dietary Supplements
- Triclosan - of course, this component fights well against harmful bacteria, but together with them it also destroys the beneficial natural microflora, which in children is not very well developed
- Propylene glycol - can cause severe irritation of delicate skin, as well as damage the kidneys and liver
- Diethanolamine - another surfactant that can cause not only irritation of the mucous membrane (eyes), but also damage to the kidneys, gastrointestinal tract and cardiovascular system
- Phthalates - negatively affect the endocrine system. Especially this component should not be in the children's shampoo for boys, because he oppresses the male reproductive system
The list may be long, but you cannot get rid of some substances at all, otherwise it will no longer be shampoo, but a drying soap. Just in the children's shampoo, the mass fraction of such substances is less. And this applies to any children's cosmetics. Remember, we have already spoken in great detail about children's toothpastes.
And yet, why baby shampoo does not sting the peephole
In children's shampoo contains less surfactant, in a good children's shampoo - other surfactants. It is the surfactants that are not just foaming, but also clearing, tying the molecules of fat and water, allowing you to wash off dirt and grease (try washing the greasy dishes without detergent, etc.).
Before our eyes, the protective film (updated every time you blink) also contains an unlimited amount of fats, which are washed away by surfactants, moreover, the active substances penetrate deeper, hence the feeling of pinching. But there are amphoteric surfactants whose molecules are much larger than ordinary ones. They also bind the molecules of fat and water, but are less aggressive, and in fact incapable of penetrating deeper than the tear film of the eyes.
Good baby shampoos contain exactly amphoteric surfactants or other substances from the same series. By the way, this is why a small bottle of a good baby shampoo costs more than a large bottle of an adult shampoo. The point is not at all that marketers are cashing in on the weakness of their parents to give their children the best. No, just the cost of such substances is several times higher than the cost of conventional surfactants.
For the same reason, many children's shampoos foam less. Therefore, it is not necessary to pour half the contents of the bubble onto the head of the baby, the foam does not increase the amount of shampoo, the quantity of foam does not make the head cleaner. If it does not foam at all, wash your head twice, the second time there will be much more foam.
In general, be careful when you buy a baby shampoo. Do not forget, the XXI century is the time of not only high technologies, but also of mankind, tortured by allergies.
Can adults use baby shampoo?
The best is for children! This principle is guided by pediatricians, nutritionists, technologists and, of course, trichologists. Baby shampoos are neutral and safe for hair and scalp, do not contain harmful parabens and lauryl sulfates, but ... Can an adult use baby shampoo? Let's try to figure it out.
Of course, children's shampoo has a beneficial effect on adult hair: the majority of those who tested say that their use eliminates the need to use various conditioners and balms. Curls are shiny, soft and no longer tangle.
But sometimes the use of baby shampoo gives hair an excessive softness. In addition, children's drugs are not always "cope" with the remnants of styling, dirt and silicone.
Will a miracle happen
According to the reviews, baby shampoo has a beneficial effect on unruly and thin hair. In addition, products for babies strengthen curls, much easier to comb, significantly moisturize the skin.
If you want to improve the condition of your hair, special attention should be paid to shampoos that you use. A frightening figure - in 97% of shampoos of famous brands are substances that poison our body. The main components, due to which all the troubles, on the labels are designated as sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, coco sulfate. These chemicals destroy the structure of the hair, the hair becomes brittle, lose elasticity and strength, the color fades. But the worst thing is that this filth enters the liver, heart, lungs, accumulates in the organs and can cause cancer. We advise against using the means in which these substances are located. Recently, experts of our editorial staff conducted an analysis of sulfate-free shampoos, where the first place was taken by funds from the company Mulsan Cosmetic. The only manufacturer of all-natural cosmetics. All products are manufactured under strict quality control and certification systems. We recommend to visit the official online store mulsan.ru. If you doubt the naturalness of your cosmetics, check the expiration date, it should not exceed one year of storage.
Especially popular with adults are shampoos "without tears." Firstly, the washing is not accompanied by unpleasant sensations, and secondly, only soft components that moisturize the skin are included in the preparation. Therefore, the "bubbles without tears" are also excellent as a shower gel or bath foam.
In addition, the manufacture of cosmetics for babies is accompanied by numerous tests for hypoallergenicity, so allergic adults can also wash their hair with baby shampoo. Beauticians also recommend these preparations not only for hair, but also as a foam for washing.
Baby shampoos are perfect for owners of short haircuts. Short hair makes the skin more susceptible, because often fans of the Jazz era suffer from dry and flaky scalp.
However, you should not rely on the magical effect; children's cosmetics will not revive hair and will not restore it after dyeing or perming. Gentle washing, lightness and volume are provided to you, but if you are fans of gels, mousses and other styling products, choose specially designed shampoos, balms and conditioners. Fans of irons and ploies also have to forget about soft cosmetics.
Owners of oily and mixed scalp cosmetics for children will not only benefit, but also aggravate the situation with hair.
Shampoos for babies will not save and with the problems of hair loss, dandruff and various fungal diseases of the scalp. For the fight against ailments, you should choose a specially designed cosmetics. For example, ALERANA ® dandruff shampoo not only blocks the reproduction of the fungus, but also enhances the metabolism in the hair follicles, stimulates growth and heals the hair.
How to identify high-quality shampoo
So, we figured out that adults can use baby shampoo. Now we need to understand how to determine a quality drug. There are several factors, based on which you can not go wrong with the choice of this type of cosmetics:
- Smell, color and texture. Love the strong strawberry or caramel flavor? Your love can play a cruel joke with you. Too bright in color and smell, shampoos contain the lion's share of dyes and flavors, which not only will not make the curls softer and more voluminous, but also negatively affect the follicles and scalp,
- Foam. High-quality shampoo should not foam into the cap of the Snow Queen - remember this when choosing cosmetics. An excessively foaming preparation can cause an incredible flaking of the scalp,
- Label. Do not be lazy to carefully read the information on the label before buying. Pay attention to the manufacturer, shelf life and makeup of cosmetics. If it is indicated that the product is suitable for universal use, feel free to use it for the body,
- Herbal supplements. Various vitamin supplements have a beneficial effect on the condition of the hair. For example, children's shampoo for adults with the addition of chamomile and lime to protect the skin from drying out, moisturize and soothe allergies. And if the cosmetics contains aloe juice, it means that the product has an antiseptic effect.
Baby shampoos do not harm adult hair, but do not create a miracle. However, you should not “write off” this effective remedy for pregnant women, nursing mothers, allergies and adolescents experiencing a transitional period. For them, children's cosmetics will be a real salvation of the skin and hair!
How to choose baby shampoo
It's no secret that the skin and hair of a child are significantly different from the skin and hair of an adult. Not completely formed baby skin is thinner and almost does not have its own protective acid layer, so it is vulnerable to bacteria and harmful substances. The younger the child, the more carefully it is necessary to protect his skin and be more attentive to the choice of auxiliary cosmetics.
One of the essential child care products is baby shampoo. The quality of a person's hair in the future depends on proper hair care in childhood. After all, shampoo can be designed not only to remove dirt, excess sebum and dead skin cells. Modern shampoos can nourish hair, stimulate growth, strengthen and give it vitality.
Baby shampoos are recommended for adults suffering from allergies, as well as owners of delicate thin skin. Many well-known companies produce products for the whole family, which can be used by moms, dads and babies.
When choosing a shampoo, pregnant women should pay particular attention to its composition. Remember: baby cosmetics should not contain components that irritate the skin or mucous membranes. If natural ingredients have a beneficial effect on the condition of curls, then various fragrances, synthetic dyes, conditioners destroy the delicate follicles of mom's hair.
Remember, baby shampoo should be pH-neutral (4.5-5.5), and betains and glucosides should be used as a washing base. But plant extracts, vitamins and anti-inflammatory supplements will be useful for curls and scalp.
It is dangerous for babies and expectant mothers to wash their hair with shampoos with ingredients such as:
It is undesirable to use these shampoos not only during pregnancy, but also during breastfeeding, because the mother's body becomes especially vulnerable during these months.
Do not forget that the high price does not always indicate a quality product. Choose drugs from reputable manufacturers. By the way, European products almost always have less expensive domestic counterparts that will give the same effect.
Types of baby shampoos
To begin with, the usual shampoo for adults for children, especially newborns, is absolutely not suitable.
Modern industry offers a huge number of shampoos designed specifically for children. Along with cosmetic companies specializing in the production of children's cosmetics, product lines for children's hygiene are present in almost every solid cosmetic company. But children's shampoo differs from an adult not only by the smell and design of the bottle. And first of all, the fact that it has a number of special properties.
The pH of the baby shampoo should have a weak acid reaction and be in the range of 4.5-5.5.
Children's shampoo should be hypoallergenic, and therefore in its composition is not allowed the presence of prohibited preservatives, bright dyes, perfumes and active dietary supplements.
The shampoo should have a delicate cleansing effect and not irritate not only the delicate scalp, but also the mucous membrane of the eyes. Shampoos without tears make it possible to turn the procedure of washing hair unloved by many children to a pleasant experience. It is advisable that the shampoo is tested for safety by swallowing. But even if the relevant tests were carried out, as indicated on the packaging, the shampoo is not intended for internal use. This should be remembered by parents and monitor the crumbs while swimming.
In addition, shampoos differ in useful additives, which are designed to have a beneficial effect on the delicate scalp and hair. Among the additives, plant extracts and vitamins take the first place:
- extract of the series, chamomile, calendula has anti-inflammatory effect,
- peach, apricot, sea buckthorn, wheat proteins - nourish and soften
- Lavender - relaxes, soothes babies during the procedure,
- Vitamins A, B5 - nourish hair and scalp.
The vast majority of children's shampoos are intended for use by children from 3 years and above. To wash the hair of a newborn child, it is necessary to choose a remedy, on the label of which it is clearly noted that shampoo can be used from birth.
Many shampoos contain conditioning supplements. They are designed to facilitate combing hair that children often get confused. As a rule, children's formulations 2 in 1, namely “shampoo + conditioner”, sin the same as the universal tandem for adults. Each component does not modify. The shampoo does not thoroughly wash the hair and weighs it down, and the conditioner does not sufficiently nourish it. Shampoo conditioner is better to use only if the child has thick, long or curly hair. Otherwise, use regular shampoo.
The same can be said about the duets "shampoo + shower gel" or "shampoo + bath foam". As a shower gel or bath foam, such a tool is quite acceptable, but it can dry the child’s scalp excessively, since the concentration of the washing base in such products is higher.
The consistency of shampoo varies from liquid to gel. In terms of practicality, shampoo in the form of a gel is more convenient for mom. Often she has to be controlled with one hand. The probability of pouring shampoo not too liquid consistency less.
To turn the process of washing hair into an exciting experience, shampoos are often poured into bottles of unusual shape, resembling toys.
What to look for when choosing a shampoo
When choosing a baby shampoo, give preference to products of well-known manufacturers of products for children. Require a certificate of quality and carefully read the information on the label.
Top best baby shampoos
GoodGuide has compiled its ranking of the best children's shampoos based on expert opinions, customer opinions and the retail price available on the market.
- Baby shampoo Aubrey Organics Natural Baby and Kids Shampoo
Manufacturer: Tampa, FL, USA
Overall Rating: 7.7
Caring for the environment: 10
Social Responsibility: 6.8
Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Fragrance Free Shampoo & WashManufacturer: USA
Overall Rating: 6.9 out of 10
Caring for the environment: 7.8
Social Responsibility: 5.7
3. Baby Shampoo Huggies Tear Free Baby Shampoo, Extra Sensitive
Overall rating: 6.4 out of 10
Health: 7 out of 10
Caring for the environment: 6 out of 10
Social Responsibility: 6.2 out of 10
4. Conditioning Shampoo Johnson’s Baby 2 In 1 Extra Conditioning Shampoo
Overall rating: 6.2
Caring for the environment: 6.5
Social Responsibility: 6.1
5. Johnson’s Buddies No More Tangles Easy-Comb 2-IN-1
Overall Rating: 4.3
Caring for the environment: 6.6
Social Responsibility: 6.2
And do not forget that the baby needs to be bathed only in warm water, and in our reality, with all sorts of disconnections of hot water, because of planned, and often unscheduled repairs, which greatly complicates the life of mothers. In this situation, a water heater, for example, a storage water heater ariston, or any other reliable manufacturer, can help very well.
Baby shampoo overview
- JohnsonsBaby. “Not stinging eyes” - reads advertising, shampoo with chamomile extract gently cleanses the scalp and gives the hair shine and softness. Suitable for daily use, hypoallergenic, effectively combats inflammation. It foams well, lasts long, however, some mothers complain of an overly perfumed scent.
- "Eared nannies" (Russia).The products of Neva Cosmetics for children are positioned as hypoallergenic. Extracts of natural plants moisturize and soothe the baby’s skin, the shampoo gently cleanses the baby’s hair, does not cause irritation. It does not foam too much, so the expense is more, but this cannot be considered a serious drawback, rather an indication that the tool contains a minimum of SLS. The consistency is somewhat watery, so not everyone will like it.
Bubchen (Germany). One of the few shampoos that can be used from birth. Does not contain soap and preservatives, moisturizes the skin and gently cleanses the hair. The composition includes extracts of chamomile and lime blossom, hair becomes soft shine, easy to comb. There is also a lavender shampoo that also has a calming effect.
The difference between children's shampoos from adults
It is not recommended to use adult shampoo for washing hair of the child. The reason is in the composition. There are a number of components that add to adult products, but in their children should not be:
- Artificial colors and flavors.
- Active Supplements.
- Triclosan. This substance effectively suppresses harmful bacteria, but at the same time destroys the beneficial natural microflora, which in children is not strongly developed.
- Propylene glycol. This substance leads to severe irritation of the delicate dermis, and also damages the kidneys and liver.
- Diethanolamine. This is PVA, which in a child causes irritation of the mucous eyes, and also damages the digestive tract, the cardiovascular system.
- Phthalates. It adversely affects the functioning of the endocrine system. It should not be included in the composition of children's shampoo intended for boys, as it is bad for the male reproductive system.
Revlon Professional Equave Kids 2 in 1 Hypoallergenic Shampoo
Shampoo for children 2 in 1. It provides a gentle care for the child's hair, gives them purity, strength and softness. Children like the light and fresh scent that envelops their hair after washing. The composition is completely hypoallergenic, as based on natural ingredients. Use shampoo for children from 3 years. Suitable for thick and long curls.
The aroma of the product resembles a juicy green apple. The composition foams beautifully and does not sting the eyes. It delicately cleanses the locks and dermis of the head.
- sodium chloride,
- Castor oil,
- apple extract.
This is a shampoo gel that can be used to wash your head and body. Promotes gentle cleansing of the hair and reliable protection of the scalp of the child. It is based on a unique and safe formula, in which there are no potential irritants to baby skin.
- Corn and sugar. They carefully care for the dermis of the head, clean it and hair, without causing dryness and irritation.
- Milk oats. It saturates the skin with oxygen, improves microcirculation and restores hydro-lipid barriers.
- String extract. Soothes the scalp, reduces irritation, protects against aggressive germs.
- Chamomile extract. It has a powerful anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effect, neutralizes the effects of bacteria, reduces itching, eliminates peeling and stimulates blood circulation in the skin tissues.
This shampoo-balm, which is considered an ultra-modern product that cleans the scalp and hair of the baby. In addition, the composition is selected so that after washing the curls easily and gently comb. The production is hypoallergenic, so the skin will not be irritated or overdried.
- linseed oil - softens the curls, restores their healthy appearance,
- Calendula extract - moisturizes and nourishes the hair with vitamins, so that they will be strong, silky and strong,
- lemon acid.
HiPP BabySanft Shampoo
The soft formula of a product is developed for washing of hair of the smallest children.
- sodium chloride,
- almond oil,
- vitamin E,
- lactic acid.
Dr. Sante baby
The composition of the product does not contain substances that could harm the health of the child. At the base of the shampoo are only herbal ingredients:
- apple extract - gives the hair an amazing aroma,
- milk proteins - soften the dermis of the head and protect against dryness,
- wheat proteins - condition curls, promote easy combing,
- Olive oil - gives the strands softness and softness to the scalp.
This shampoo is approved for use from birth. There is no soap or preservatives in it. It moisturizes and gently cleanses the strands. Composition:
- chamomile and lime blossom extract - make hair soft, shiny, make it easier to comb,
- Lavender - has a calming effect.
Hypoallergenic cosmetic product that children can use in the first year of life. Composition:
- calendula extracts,
- wheat proteins.
It refers to the “no more tears” series, does not irritate, gently and delicately cleanses the dermis of the head, has a thick texture and pleasant aroma.
This is a shampoo-gel that does not contain soap and is suitable for daily use.
Mode of application
Apply baby shampoo on wet hair, lather and massage the head for 2-3 minutes. Wash off with plenty of water. Apply 1-2 times a week.
To wash a child’s hair, it is necessary to use only a hypoallergenic shampoo that will clean the scalp, curls and ease combing. There are no contraindications for the presented products. The only thing when you can not use shampoo is with individual intolerance to the components.
5 Eared Nyan
The best representative of the budget class is a popular shampoo domestic brand "Eared Nyan." Despite the low price, the tool has high quality indicators and is even recommended for use by dermatologists. There are no such harmful components as parabens, flavors, sulfates, dyes. Careful formula created specifically for the comfort of the baby when bathing, so the shampoo does not irritate the eyes. Made on the basis of chamomile extract, therefore great for sensitive skin. Created tool for use from birth. Suitable for both boys and girls. “Eared nannies” has established itself well among parents, so it is often preferred by domestic buyers. The main feature of the tool - the best combination of cost and quality. It perfectly cleans the skin and hair.
- best price,
- good cleansing
- suitable from birth
- not stinging eyes
- chamomile extract
- slow flow
- great reviews.
- a little dry skin
- not completely natural composition.
4 Johnson's Baby
Shampoo by the most popular manufacturer Johnson's Baby “From crown to heel” is the most gentle formula for children. Its important difference lies in the universality of its application. As the name implies, the tool is intended not only for washing hair, but also for the baby’s body. Another advantage is fast foaming. Due to the special composition when adding Johnson's Baby in the bath, a light foam is obtained that gently envelops the skin. And the kids really like to play with her. Gentle herbal aroma makes use of the product even more pleasant. Available in a volume of 300 ml and has a very convenient dispenser, thanks to which one pack lasts for 3-5 months.
- fast foaming,
- does not contain dyes,
- optimal composition
- slow flow
- good feedback,
- pleasant unobtrusive aroma
- convenient dispenser.
- a little dry hair and skin.
3 Natura Siberica Little Siberica
The next place in the ranking of the best confidently takes the domestic manufacturer Natura Siberica. Shampoo Little Siberica is designed for children from the year. It contains organic extracts of licorice and aloe, which favorably affects the scalp and hair, nourishing and moisturizing them. Important advantages of the product are easy flushing and economical consumption. One pack of 250 ml is not enough for one month. The child does not experience discomfort when Natura Siberica comes into contact with the eyes. The manufacturer takes care of the composition of each product, therefore it excludes substances harmful to babies. Customer reviews speak of excellent and fast hair cleansing and a pleasant aroma.
- optimal composition
- quick cleanse
- convenient dispenser
- enough for a long time
- well foams
- easy to wash off.
- hair difficult to comb,
- hard to buy
- not hypoallergenic.
The German manufacturer Bubchen is a striking example of the highest quality. Shampoo company created specifically for all ages, since birth. The composition of bathing is so safe that it is confirmed by numerous studies and certificates. Judging by the reviews, the shampoo does not cause irritation and does not dry the skin. The gentle formula gently acts on the baby’s hair and makes it silky. Created for any gender and age. Special hypoallergenic formula suitable for the most sensitive skin. The composition is enriched with chamomile extract, which in addition to the beneficial properties gives a pleasant aroma when bathing. Another important point is the absence of preservatives, dyes, parabens, etc. Shampoo also does not pinch eyes.
- ideal for children from birth,
- gentle cleansing
- light foam,
- hair after use is soft and easy to comb,
- wheat proteins and chamomile extract in the composition,
- does not dry
- unobtrusive scent.
- not completely natural composition.
The first line in the ranking of the best deservedly takes the gel-shampoo German company Weleda. The main difference means - the possibility of applying not only to the hair, but also the body. With it, you can fully bathe the child. Suitable for children from 3 years and older. Shampoo Weleda is based on calendula extract, which gently nourishes hair, cleanses and soothes the skin. Eye contact does not cause irritation. The tool is recommended by dermatologists, because helps with children's eczema. Children like it very much, because It has a pleasant aroma of calendula. The composition is enriched with beneficial oils that perfectly moisturize and protect the skin from drying out. Available in a volume of 200 ml, which lasts for several months of use.
- natural composition,
- safe formula
- nourishes hair
- useful components
- nice smell,
- high quality,
- the formula "without tears".
How to grow hair on the head in children
The first hair follicles in a child begin in the womb, at 4–5 weeks of gestation. The newborn can see a thin, soft fluff on the head.After 1.5–2 months, the parents notice that this gun is rolling out, the appearance of a new hair, more dense in texture.
In order to achieve a uniform hair regrowth, the parents after the year the child is cut short, but this procedure does not affect the density of the hair.
Experts divide the life cycle of the hair in adults and children into several stages:
- Active Growth Phase (Anagen) - The period of formation, increasing the length of the hair shaft. Active hair growth takes 2-6 years, the monthly increase in length is on average 2 cm.
- Stabilization and Reverse Growth Phase (Catagen) - during this period, the hair shaft does not grow, internal processes are declining, and the hair bulb is approaching the top layer of the scalp. Changes occur with the hair shaft, it becomes fragile, more subtle. Phase duration is about 2 weeks.
- Drop phase, rest (telogen) - accompanied by hair loss. This is a natural replacement for an obsolete hair shaft with a new, strong, elastic. If the intensity of the strands is alarming parents, you should contact the experts. A detailed analysis of the condition of the integument of the head of a child, taking into account the hereditary factor, past diseases, will allow you to make the right choice in solving the problem.
Definitely determine the rate of hair growth does not work out, each individual organism. The monthly rate of increase in the length of the hair in children is 13 mm. A decrease in this indicator is considered a reason for visiting a specialist.
Interesting fact. Hair growth is affected by hair color. It was noticed that fair-haired children grow a long hair more difficult than brunettes.
Choose a good shampoo
Let's start with the selection of children's hair growth products:
- When buying baby shampoo, mask, balm, pay attention to the composition. The presence of parabens, preservatives, perfumes, strong dyes, harmful synthetic additives, like sodium lauryl sulfate, is unacceptable.
- Pay attention to the level of Ph, its rate should not exceed 5.5.
- Give preference to natural formulations based on oils, plant extracts. They will not harm the delicate skin of the child and fill the hair follicles with nutrients, minerals, vitamins.
- Shampoo for children should froze moderately. A large amount of foam is a sign of the abundance of synthetic additives in the product.
- Take care of the absence in the composition of the ingredients for which the child is allergic. Neglect of this rule threatens to unpleasant consequences, the development of dermatological diseases.
- Choosing cosmetic products intended for adults is prohibited. Irritation, dryness, excessive peeling, itching - a short list of possible complications.
- Pay attention to the expiry date of the shampoo, whether the rules of storage are followed. Purchase funds in a pharmacy.
Let's talk about the rules of care for children's hair:
- wash the baby’s head once every 7–10 days (frequent washing reduces the protective properties of the skin),
- use 2–3 drops of the product and warm (not hot!) water,
- head massage enhances blood circulation, strengthens the follicles, accelerating the growth of strands. For these purposes, massage the skin when washing the head for 2–3 minutes, brush the child three times a day,
- completely remove the remnants of detergent, rinse the baby's head with broths of herbs,
- It is not recommended to make tight tails, braids for girls under 3 years old, they cause brittle hair,
- on hot days, wear a panama hat on your child’s head to protect your hair from the scorching sun,
- burdock oil is a constant complex of nutrients that stimulate hair growth. Use it to strengthen, care for children's hair,
- the child should have a comb, preferably with soft bristles and from natural material
- regularly examine the condition of the scalp of a small patient in order to react in time to unpleasant changes (if necessary).
So that the child has no problems with hair, experts recommend parents to teach the child the basic rules of care from childhood.
Benefits of baby shampoos
Gentle care, the health of children - the main criteria that guide companies in the production of cosmetics. Thanks to the efforts of the manufacturer, High-quality baby shampoos have many advantages:
- contain only natural ingredients that promote the growth of curls,
- more clinical trials, inspections, tests take place, so manufacturers of children's products are more responsible for the formula of the drug,
- gently clean,
- prevent moisture loss, stabilize the sebaceous glands,
- tailored to the characteristics of small customers, therefore they are safe to use, do not cause side effects,
- easy to use
- a good choice,
- affordable price.
Top 5 best baby shampoos
Shampoos-favorites of parents and children, able to accelerate the growth of hair, strengthen and maintain softness, silkiness of curls, are recognized:
- Shampoo-gel for the body and hair Weleda Waschlotion & Shampoo - suitable for baby's head and body, gently cleanses, does not irritate. The manufacturer has included calendula extract, sesame and almond oil, lactic acid, glycerin, coco-glycoside, and has excluded synthetic additives. Shampoo-gel corrects the existing problems with the hair, prevents the possibility of their appearance in the future. Bathing with this tool gives the child pleasure, does not sting his eyes, it smells good. There is a product of 700 rubles for 200 ml.
- Daily Use ShampooMommyCare - a natural product for the care of children's hair. In the composition you will find shea butter, aloe, olive and coconut oil. They help accelerate hair growth, provide nutrients, vitamins, minerals to the full, maintain the water balance of the scalp. According to user feedback, children's curls after washing shine with a healthy shine, silky, soft, but there is a small drawback - the product does not foam well. Cost - 745 rubles for 200 ml.
- Organic shampooMommyCare - a gift for kids from the Israeli company. The product is filled with herbal extracts, cleans well, nourishes the scalp and hair. Shampoo can be used by kids and adults (as an air conditioner). The important point - the manufacturer offers a tool in the amount of 50, 200 and 400 ml. You do not need to buy a large bottle, try a small volume first - like shampoo, take it! It is very convenient and practical! Price - 230, 745 and 1050 rubles, respectively, the volume.
- Shampoo "Gentle age" fromMi & Ko - perfect care and care for sensitive baby hair. The product is distinguished by an abundance of natural oils, plant extracts, esters, and honeysuckle extract is used as a preservative. The long shelf life of a completely natural drug (2 years), along with a natural composition, is surprising. Components of the tool guarantee only a beneficial effect on the scalp, help grow long, thick and beautiful curls in a small beauty. Cost - 490 rubles for 200 ml.
- Children's shampoo Bioderma ABCD - A safe, hypoallergenic product for cleansing, strengthening the hair. Recommended from birth, for any type of baby's skin. The drug provides high-quality, delicate cleansing, nourishes and normalizes the water balance, after use, the hair is easy to comb, not confused. For enhanced care, the manufacturer offers creams, sprays, gels and mousses for children of the same name series. Purchase will cost 500 rubles for 200 ml.
With egg yolk
Strengthening and accelerating the rate of hair regrowth in a child can be achieved using a simple, effective composition of such ingredients:
- egg yolk,
- olive or burdock oil - 20 g,
- lemon juice - 20 g,
- carrot juice - 4 tbsp. l
Mix components until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly on the hair, massage for 2-3 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Council Supplement the action of natural shampoo with herbal rinses. The only condition - the age of 2 years and the absence of allergies to herbs.
Nettle is a piggy bank of beauty vitamins, organic substances, trace elements that can affect the rate of growth of hair and its quality. It is not surprising to see this plant in homemade cosmetics recipes for children.
To make a classic nettle shampoo, you will need:
- dried nettle leaves - 60 g,
- boiling water - 200 ml,
- soap base - 100 ml.
Fill the leaves with boiling water, leave for 15 minutes. Mix the broth with a soap base. Use the mixture to wash your hair in the usual way.
A mild cleansing, active functioning of the follicles will provide a shampoo of their milk and egg yolk. For its preparation you will need:
All components mix until smooth and use for cleansing the head.
With honey and herbs
Prepare a vitamin cocktail for children's hair can be of such ingredients:
- chamomile flowers - 30 g,
- dry burdock leaves - 30 g,
- boiling water - ¼ st.,
- honey - 1 tbsp. l.,
- soap root - 50 ml.
Chamomile and burdock pour boiling water. When infused, add the remaining ingredients, mix. For kids, the mixture is used instead of shampoo.
Council If you wash the head for the child 2 times, then it is recommended to use a home remedy for already cleaned hair. This will enhance the effectiveness of the facility.
Effect of use
Useful components of home or purchased shampoos are active and efficient. What result to expect after a course of procedures?
- The hair becomes stronger, resilient,
- decreases the intensity of their loss,
- the hair becomes thicker
- a marked increase in the length of the curls (more than 1.5 cm per month),
- natural gloss, silkiness,
- no problem with combing.
Long and thick curls in children is the result of high-quality, competent care for hair, proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. Consider that no cosmetic product can correct hormonal failure, genetic predisposition, the consequences of serious diseases.
Learn more about hair growth in children and adults, thanks to the following articles:
How to choose a shampoo?
How to accelerate hair growth?
Usoltsev Igor Valerievich
Psychologist. Specialist from the website b17.ru
Nothing he can influence, because they are just for delicate cleansing. It may be appropriate (unless of course washing your head, which rarely happens), if you grow your hair and need a neutral shampoo. They sometimes come with additives to make hair easier to comb, that's all.
Washed badly, no aggressive peas. All the difference. I finally can in any way.
The composition is almost no different from an adult. The same SLS, the same parabens and other poison, only tubes with cartoons.
I once tried Johnson with baby with a yellow chamomile cover. The hair in the tail was not able to collect, they were still short, all were scattered, light and smooth. But my hair itself is thin, not dyed.
I tried once, nonsense, nothing good
Bubchen without chemistry, great shampoo. But suitable for unpainted hair
Bubchen without chemistry, great shampoo. But suitable for unpainted hair
Watching what hair. I'm not even going to try it - hair is thin, light (dyed, but not much lighter than the natural color), and so without air conditioners fly like a dandelion, and from children's shampoos will not even collect!
as a good cosmetologist explained to me, cosmetics for children cannot cope with those skin and hair care functions that we need to go out of the childhood period
I love dog and cat shampoos. from expensive. there are only natural ingredients and hair after them is fluffy and shiny. like a dog tail!))
I use children's lundenilona - natural, it smells good and the hair after it is very soft
Do you ever think what an adult is different from a child. Not that different levels of hormones, different levels of secretion of all. dermal. adults, of course, if they are not village-style chuni, they also style their hair, causing a lot of money on them. damn, how could it even come to mind. they only wash floors if only
We've gotten to advertise your lunden ilon! Are you her representative? Read what they write about it on the Nasikom forum!
I sometimes use my daughter's Belarusian "Mom and Baby". Washes well, the hair is smooth and easier to fit.
Today, the hair was washed by the child Johnsons Baby. Nothing. My best :)
We've gotten to advertise your lunden ilon! Are you her representative? Read what they write about it on the Nasikom forum!
Shu Uemura Art of Hair A unique shine "Glitter of Color" Color Luster.
We've gotten to advertise your lunden ilon! Are you her representative? Read what they write about it on the Nasikom forum!
New for today
The user of the site Woman.ru understands and accepts that he is solely responsible for all materials partially or fully published by him using the Woman.ru service.
The user of the site Woman.ru guarantees that the placement of the materials submitted to them does not violate the rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyrights), does not prejudice their honor and dignity.
The user of the site Woman.ru, by sending materials, is thus interested in publishing them on the site and expresses its consent to their further use by the editors of the site Woman.ru.
The use and reprint of printed materials on the site woman.ru is possible only with an active link to the resource.
The use of photographic materials is allowed only with the written consent of the site administration.
Placing intellectual property (photos, videos, literary works, trademarks, etc.)
on the site woman.ru is allowed only to persons who have all the necessary rights for such placement.
Copyright (c) 2016-2018 Hurst Shkulev Publishing LLC
Network edition "WOMAN.RU" (Woman.RU)
The certificate of registration of mass media EL No. FS77-65950, issued by the Federal Service for Supervision in the field of communications,
Information Technology and Mass Communications (Roskomnadzor) June 10, 2016. 16+
Founder: Limited Liability Company “Hurst Shkulev Publishing”
Baby shampoo for 6 types of adult hair: it happens
The use of baby shampoo for adults is a necessary procedure. So, this happens in the absence of ordinary cosmetics on hand or when the scalp is too sensitive and prone to allergic reactions. Some medical baby shampoos are suitable for adults. Sometimes even doctors prescribe such medicines. But in the application of children's cosmetics on the hair of adults there are certain nuances.
Medicinal formulations for children are rarely able to help an adult. The exceptions are rare options that are rather intense in their effect, but mild and harmless in composition of the means.
Baby remedy is designed for children's scalp with the appropriate characteristics and pH. Characteristics of adults are very different. The skin is less thin, the sebaceous glands work more actively, etc., and therefore cosmetics may not work at all. This applies, for example, dandruff medications. This phenomenon, moreover, in children and adults can be caused by different causes and be eliminated, respectively, is different.
Dry formulations for children are quite difficult to find. These are shampoos, strictly contraindicated by doctors. However, they are rarely available. The principle of operation of this tool is based on the absorption of sebum from the curls into the powder particles, followed by combing these particles.
Adult spray of this type contains quite aggressive components. Whereas children - softer.In addition, children's shampoos are not enriched with antibacterial components. Child dry spray for an adult will be effective only if the contamination of the strands is negligible.
Healthy hair in a child means an adult will have the same
Baby shampoos for adults
Children's formulations have fundamental differences from adults.
- The main feature of baby shampoo for washing hair is softness,
- It cleans very delicately, so as not to damage the fine children's hair,
- It is neutral to the scalp, suitable for allergies, does not cause irritation and itching, as well as peeling.
Due to these features, it is used by many adults. However, the use of children's cosmetics for different types of hair has nuances.
If your strands are oily, then using baby hair shampoo is meaningless. He will not give the desired effect. It is precisely because of its “delicacy” that it does not eliminate sebum too well.
For children, this effect is sufficient, since their skin produces little sebum. Adult hair will not be able to clean the composition. Especially if they are thick and prone to fat.
If you have dry or weak hair, a baby formula can be an ideal option. It perfectly moisturizes and nourishes the strands. Since the curls in children, for the most part, are dry, the tool is perfect for adults with the same problem. A minor detergent effect will be enough to completely clean the hair.
In addition, the tender attitude of such a product to the skin also plays an important role. Sensitive and irritated skin - a frequent companion of dry hair. With child care you will provide her with maximum care.
For normal hair: what concerns?
For owners of hair of average fat content such shampoo can approach. But it is likely that you will have to wash your head more often. The tool can give such curls a number of positive qualities:
- Mildness (sometimes excessive)
- Easy combing
But if the hair is heavily soiled, then the makeup may be ineffective. It badly washes away the silicones, and therefore it will not be possible to wash off the styling agents. If such products were used, the strands will stick together after washing and remain dirty.
For thin and damaged
Baby hairs are thin and soft. Cosmetics designed to work with such "gentle" strands. Therefore, it is also suitable for thin adult hair (if they are not prone to fat content). However, it does not add volume, which is desirable for thin hair. As a result, hair may look lifeless, and hair - sparse.
Use children's shampoos for adult hair, if they are colored - a good solution. This composition gives shine and is able to revive a little color. It is not so intensively washes it from the curls, due to the fact that it is not so aggressive and does not open the scales of hairs so actively. Although it does not protect the color as the composition for colored hair.
Well suited to owners of bleached hair. These loose curls need the most delicate care. It gives them shine and does not hurt even more. It also has a good effect on the scalp, which could be damaged by staining.
"Dragon" - for other hair types
Baby hair shampoo for hair growth will be ineffective, although some users notice a slight decrease in hair loss. Also, the tool does not fight with age-related changes - graying and falling out in the elderly.
Do not use it and long-haired. As a result of the fact that the tool is not able to give volume, the curls after washing will hang without life strands, “falling off” under their own weight. In addition, after using a child's composition, the hair does not fit well.
Baby shampoo really helps adults